Thursday, August 9, 2012

Inspire Me Friday: August Adventures


For this week's project, I did a little layering with die-cut pieces to create a fun, summer-y card using the Calendar Stamp Set from Precious Remembrance. I always end up with so many scraps of paper whenever I do any crafting, and I wanted to challenge myself to put those scraps to use. I started off with an A2 card base which I scored and folded. I embossed a strip of white cardstock using an American Crafts embossing folder from the Whimsy duo. These folders look just like Cuttlebug embossing folders, which is great since the Cuttlebug is the only embossing/die-cutting machine I own!


Banners are so popular right now, and I wanted to incorporate the trend into this project. I added a fish-tail end to the white strip, and layered the yellow banner strip under a few die-cut pieces (I used Papertrey Ink's Double-Ended Banners die). I then used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight dies to die-cut a couple of pieces. I'm so glad I was able to put that polkadotted scrap to use! It's been in my scrap pile for months, and I'm glad I hung onto it.





For my main focal image, I thought that something floral would be perfect for summer. I used Papertrey Ink's Rosie Posie stamp set to stamp the flower, which I then fussy-cut with scissors (but you thought it was a die-cut, right?!). For my sentiment panel, I used the Double-Ended Banners die again, but this time cut off the fish-tail ends. I love that the Calendar Stamp Set includes the word "Adventures" and I've been itching to find a place to use it. I decided that "August Adventures" would be perfect.

I'd like to challenge you all to put some of your scrap pieces to use. I hope you have a great weekend, everyone!




Links to check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment