Monday, July 2, 2012

July Release Day!



Precious Remembrance is releasing the adorable Positive Thoughts stamp set today! I think these sentiments would be perfect for a graduation card or scrapbook. One of my cousins is heading off to college this fall, and I might just save the below card just for him.


The Positive Thoughts stamp set was perfect for the insiprational card above. I started with an A2 card base using Papertrey Ink's cardstock in Soft Stone. All the patterned paper I used is from the Lily Bee Design "Buttercup" 6x6 Tiny Tablet, which includes 12 beautiful designs. The great thing about these little paper pads is that the patterns coordinate with each other so well. I machine stitched the edges of the sentiment panel and added a 2-inch circle punch-out in the corner.

The adorable little flip flops were made using the Papertrey Ink Flipping Out Die Collection. I added come Glossy Accents to the thong part of the flip flop and curled the paper a little against the edge of a pen to make them look like real flip flops. I then adhered the three little points with drops of Elmer's Glue.

Lastly, I used three of the sentiments from the stamp set to create my inspirational message. I embossed the central sentiment in black embossing powder by Zing, and stamped the top and bottom sentiment's in Memento's London Fog ink. I think this makes for a great unisex card, and the flip flops are just perfect for summer!

1 comment:

  1. Love the color combo and how you shadowed the other sentiments around the main one. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete