Friday, July 6, 2012

Inspire Me Friday: Mixing Patterns and Layering Die-Cuts



For today's Inspire Me Friday post, I created a card by mixing patterned paper and layering die-cut shapes. The result is a perfect, all-occasion greeting card for the summertime! I used the Precious Remembrance Positive Thoughts stamp set for the sentiment as well as for the splatter design in the corner.

I started off with a bright orange panel of paper which I had in my scrap paper pile and chose my paper from the My Mind's Eye Everyday Flair 6 x 6 inch paper pad. I love these little paper pads because the patterns they include coordinate together so beautifully. When mixing patterns, it can be easy to go overboard with bold prints, so I like to balance prints with "neutrals." In this case, I chose the striped paper which contains the same colors as the floral paper that is along the  bottom of the card. 

I felt like the striped paper seemed a little bare, so I stamped along the top edge with the awesome splatter paint stamp from the Precious Remembrance Positive Thoughts stamp set. I love the effect and just a little went a long way!



For the sentiment panel, I chose the Smile stamp from Positive Thoughts and stamped it onto a Papertrey Ink's Framed Out #3 die-cut. I added a couple of eyelets in a rosy pink.

For the layered flower die-cuts, I used Papertrey Ink's Rosie Posie stamps and dies. To prop up the flowers, I used foam adhesive, which is one of my favorite scrapping tools. Foam tape or foam dots are an excellent way to add dimension to any project. I stamped the flowers using the same colors from the floral patterned paper and I love how the die-cuts look like they're a three-dimensional extension of the paper itself!

I accented the card with some rik-rak I had and some machine stitching. I adhered the panel onto an A2 white cardstock base.

No comments:

Post a Comment