Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Blog Hop Part 4: Bright Floral Birthday Card




When I saw that Papertrey Ink's May Blog Hop Challenge was to use green and black, I leafed through some of my scrapbooking paper and knew I wanted to put this bright paper from My Mind's Eye to use. I purchased it at Hobby Lobby, and as beautiful as these types of bold prints are, they can be a bit intimidating. How do I use them without having them overwhelm my whole project? 

I started off by using the patterned paper as my base, added a green banner and used PTI's Pretty Peonies set to create the sentiment panel. I used PTI's Rosie Posie set to die-cut and stamp the flowers, and added some shading with Crayola colored pencils. I love the colorful end-product, and am grateful for a challenge that really pushed me out of my comfort zone color-wise. And if you're a crafter, you know how seriously some of us can take all matters relating to color!

3 comments:

  1. I have some of this paper in my stash! Love it and love how you used it here for this inspiration challenge. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete