Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Blog Hop Part 3: Modern Holiday Card




I know it's only May, but I don't think it's ever too early to begin on holiday crafts! It's the only time of year when I send out large amounts of cards, and there's always someone I've forgotten or a family member who needs a card at the last minute. I've been woken from peaceful slumber by someone who needed an emergency handmade token, so I'm making strides to make sure I don't fall into that mess this year!

I used PTI's Soft Stone paper as my card base, and used PTI's Double-Ended Banner dies to cut strips from patterned paper from a couple of Crate Paper 6 x 6 pads. I think adding that black strip really gives the color scheme a modern look, and also keeps with the green-and-black blog hop challenge! The die-cut I used for the sentiment panel is from the My Favorite Things Polka Dot Greetings set, and the sentiment itself is from PTI's Stylish Sentiments Holiday Set. I love the overall minimal design elements against the soft gray paper. I think I'll create more of these cards using whatever holiday-themed scraps of paper I have left behind from other projects.

6 comments:

  1. i love it. very restrained and love the banner as ribbon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your bloghop cards are great. I think this one is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete