Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Blog Hop Challenge Part 1: Father's Day Card

Each month Nichole Heady of Papertrey Ink issues a crafting challenge. This month it is to combine the colors bright green, black and white. I made a variety of projects which included the color green (which is not a color I use a lot), but I did deviate from the original challenge a little bit.

Here's the original, inspirational photo Nichole posted on her blog:


I wanted to make a masculine, nature-inspired card for Father's Day and grabbed some PTI Vintage Cream and Kraft cardstock. I saw the green patterned paper by Zoe Peam, and knew I wanted to use it right away. I embossed it using a Lifestyle Crafts folder from the Whimsy duo, and added black stitching around the edges. The die-cut and border stamp are from the My Favorite Things Polka Dot Greetings set, and the alphabet stamps are from the Inkadinkado Somerset set. I was tempted to add some ribbons and frills, but kept it pretty clean and simple. At least clean and simple in my book!


7 comments:

  1. Love that embossing folder! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! I love the texture you added to the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love that embossed patterned paper and the stitching ties in your title so perfectly. lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black stitching with the black ink sentiment. GREAT masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Aman. Love the stitching detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the pattern paper with the quatrefoil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a great masculine card ~ I love your patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete