Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Blog Hop Part 1: Spring Florals and Pastels


This month, Nichole Heady of Papertrey Ink is challenging her blog followers to create spring-inspired designs using floral, polkadot and damask patterns. I deviated from her theme just a little by focusing on pastels and florals, but I think my creations are perfect for spring nonetheless, and I'm happy to have had her inspiration in the first place!

For the above birthday card, I used Soft Stone cardstock as my base and machine stitched a PTI Filigree Border die-cut to create the top border. The large birthday sentiment is from Think Big Favorites #12. I used used the Flower Fusion #3 die to cut out the little flowers, to which I added blue brads. I punched out little green hearts using a small paper punch, folded them down the center and used them as leaves. I finished the card off by adding a Tiny Tag in the top corner. The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Dwell and Everyday Flair paper pads. I like the combination of the soft gray with the colorful pastels. Something about it feels just a bit retro!

6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Love the filigree border done in this playful patterned paper! CUTE CARD ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your cards!! Could you turn off your word verification. I can never gat those goofy letters right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used patterned papers with the Filigree border and Flower Fusion. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Fun! Fun! That wee tag is the cutest. Wonderful card all round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a fresh card. Just perfect for this time of year. Love it.

    ReplyDelete