Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Blog Hop: Aqua and Yellow Creations




For this month's blog hop, Nichole Heady has challenged her followers to create aqua and yellow colored paper craft projects. I read her blog Capture the Moment every week and am always inspired by her designs and the products she creates for her company Papertrey Ink. The scheduled blog hop doesn't actually start until the 25th, but I had some time this weekend to begin early.



For my first project, I created an aqua (or is it more of a seafoam?) and yellow Mother's Day card using the Pretty Peonies stamp set. I've been loving this stamp set and have used it on multiple cards already. I used some yellow and white striped grosgrain ribbon which I purchased on Etsy to make a bow, and stitched a vintage button to it. I finished off the edges with some machine stitching and added a few rhinestones to add a little sparkle!



Next up is a bright pastel birthday card. This doesn't fit the aqua and yellow color scheme as squarely as my previous card, but I think it's just perfect for spring. I used the My Mind's Eye "Dwell" paper collection (from the 6x6 inch pad) to create a shabby little design. I feel like machine stitching gives the card a patchwork quilt look. 

I used a Die-namics die from My Favorite Things Stamps to die-cut the little doily, and added a stamped design from PTI's Baby Button Bits stamp set. I did some simple coloring with Copics and added a pair of Basic Grey buttons in, of course, aqua and yellow! I finished the card off with a stamped sentiment which reads "Hope Your Day is Fabulous" from PTI's Signature Greetings stamp set.




Finally, I made a gift tag set featuring a gray card base, aqua-colored butterflies and yellow accents. I used various scraps of aqua and seafoam green paper to die-cut the butterflies using PTI's Beautiful Butterflies dies. Again, I used the My Favorite Things doily die and the Signature Greetings stamp set. I accented the tags with yellow eyelets, yellow ribbon and yellow heart punch outs (to which I added some Glossy Accents).


26 comments:

  1. Love all of your projects !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! Love your combination of stamps, pretty papers and accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great set! You've been creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! These are just bursting with colour and fabulous details...love the way you've photographed them too :) amazing and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are all so beautiful! Your peonies card is just so elegant, love the ribbon and the button with it. That notebook with the sweet Baby Button Bits flowers is so colorful and fun...that set is just one of my faves of all time! Those tags will dress up gifts so sweetly :) Awesome hop projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! They're so fun and cheery! I'm in love with those butterfly tags:) Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas, your tags and cards are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing projects, love who you've created a pattern with the anniversary set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty peonies card - isn't that a great set? I can't stop using it either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Everything! Love all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING projects! I love your array of cards and tags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so many beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job! Love all the color and great details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are just adorable! Love the tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your project today, I just got lost in your blog. Fabulous work, love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these projects for today are wonderful! I am your newest follower, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fun mother's day card and great tag gift set too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What pretty little tags!! They totally make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally amazing creations! Love it so much, I'm your newest follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i really like how you stamped the large "happy" and the partial frame on your first card example! everything is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty creations! Love your sweet little butterfly tags, so colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards and tags are absolutely adorable! I am your newest follower... hope you visit me too!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness so much beautiful work on one page!! Those tags are just awesome, I simply love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, my ... your projects are simply dreamy! I just want to hang them up in my office so I can look at them all day. :)

    ReplyDelete