Friday, February 10, 2012

PTI Day 6: Pastel Birthday Card (Sketch #2)




In honor of their fifth anniversary, Paptertrey Ink has released some sketches to inspire us cardmakers. I chose sketch #2 as my layout for this shabby chic inspired greeting card. See the sketches below! For more information about Papertrey ink, here's a link to Nichole Heady's blog.

I used PTI's Double Ended Banner Die from the Banner Builder and Ribbon Tails Set, PTI's Signature Series Dress Form Die and a simple "happy birthday" sentiment from the Little Princess stamp set. The background paper is from Melissa Frances and the striped paper is from a Cosmo Cricket paper pad. I made the layered flower using Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies (Big Scalloped Circles). The paper I used for the flower is from a KC&Company mat pad. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Die and Vintage Photo around the edges and added a machine stitched detail on the top of my focal panel. I hope you like it!

PTI Day 6 challenge info here.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Very soft & feminine. You did a great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete