Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blog Hop: Pop-Up Birthday Card







I've always wanted to try my hand at a pop-up card, but I always felt uninspired. Yesterday it occurred to me to use my PTI Little Princess stamp set and I got to work on this card right away! I started off by stamping hearts and stars on the front panel, and then using my PTI Diamonds Impression plate to emboss it. I sewed some ruffle trim along the edge and finished off the top with a coordinating star button and some baker's twine.

For the inside, I die-cut a castle from the Little Princess set and adhered it to the card with a Mat Stack 3 die-cut label as a backing panel. I also added some stars to the background. It kind of reminds me of Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland!

19 comments:

  1. Love the colors and textures of your card, Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. This one jumped out at me in the gallery. And it's *perfect* for a princess card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! I love the surprise of the castly inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little, big or old girl would LOVE to receive this card, it is sensational. Everything you did makes it perfect. TFS - P.S. My 66th. birthday will be Sept. 23, lol. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the castle and pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, any little princess will LOVE this card! How neat to open it up and have their very own castle inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just so cute and clever

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a princess loving 3 year old, and a princess-in-training 20 month old... they would both DIE for this card!! And my oldest would for *sure* say "That looks like Sleeping Beauty's Castle!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card!!! I love the texture on the front and the surprise on the inside is tooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My pricness thought this was the best card of the day! Way to rock out the papertrey ink blog hop.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so beautiful, any little girl would just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly beautiful :)

    Have a wonderful day,

    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful. This one jumped out at me in the gallery. And it's *perfect* for a princess card!

    ReplyDelete