Friday, September 9, 2011

Embossed Tags




I have a few Cuttlebug embossing folders, but don't use them nearly as much as I'd like to. I embossed a few pages of white cardstock and punched out a bunch of circles. I think these tags would be perfect for a wedding shower or baby shower. You can rub over the embossed design with ink (as I've done with the brown tag). Or, as with the turquoise one, I gently pressed it into a pad of Big Embossy embossing ink and embossed it with some turquoise powder. It didn't come out perfectly, but who's checking? I'll be adding them to my Etsy shop on Monday!

I added a sunflower sticker embellishment from Martha Stewart Crafts onto one of the punch outs and, voila! Instant gift tag! I have a ton of stickers, but if you just stick one on a card, it can look a bit incomplete. I think the embossed layer just adds that right something. String some ribbon through, and we're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment