Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New to Quilling

Quilled pieces are so beautiful, and even the dullest among us can appreciate the time and detail that go into them. I've begun experimenting with quilling and while I'm no expert, I'm getting the hang of it. The butterfly card above (left) didn't turn out as well as I wanted to, but I'm satisfied with the floral card. I've added a couple of damask-inspired designs to my shop which turned out well and are pretty unique (whereas quilled flowers are pretty common). I plan to keep at it and improve and hopefully come up with some more intricate designs. My biggest challenge is remaining patient! The glue doesn't dry fast enough, the pieces won't allow me to manipulate them and my sticky fingers leave marks on the very pieces I want to perfect. I'm hanging in there.

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and be sure to enter my Blog Candy here: http://corinnamcgregor.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-candy-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Corinna! I'll be sure to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete